The student news site of Eustis High School

The Paw Print

Pros and Cons of Technology in the Classroom

Caitlyn Hunihan, Reporter

In the majority of student’s opinions, technology is a pro in the classroom, but, for teachers and other adults technology in the classroom is a debatable subject. There are many pros of allowing technology in the classroom, such as, making many tasks simpler, classrooms a little more fun, enhancing, and allowing many resources for students to learn from. Not only that, this allows students to use technology in the classroom as well as learning new skills about technology, which is important because we live in a technological world.

But along with all of the pros comes the cons of technology in the classroom. Some of these include technology being a distraction not only from work, but also from social interactions with other students and peers. Many also believe that allowing technology in classrooms increases the opportunity for students to cheat on assignments. Technology can also be difficult for schools, that do not provide the technology for their students because, some students do not have cell phones or other forms of technology necessary for the class. So since technology has many pros and cons, it is very hard for people to decide whether they should allow technology in the class or not some teachers do allow it while many others do not.