The student news site of Eustis High School

The Paw Print

SAT Stress

Keishawna Cummings, Reporter

Mention SAT, ACT, or SAT Subject Tests to any high school student and you will probably see instant panic! Just the thought of taking these difficult tests can produce a high level of stress and anxiety. While our hectic schedules already seem overwhelming, there is a growing sense of worry for what most of us can expect to endure when the SAT comes out. The aspect of junior year that serves as the cherry on top is the SAT. Just the thought of a single test that can do so much as make or break a chance at college admission is terrifying enough. But the current SAT will be kicked to the curb next March, leaving upcoming juniors feeling even more worried. The new SAT, which is seemingly a mystery to all, could prove extremely beneficial or extremely disadvantageous to those who choose to take it for the first time ever. While it may seem like this new and improved test would easily be the better option between the two, there is a good chance that going into the SAT without a clue as to what to expect could generate a fairly poor score. This rises a lot of anxiety for junior students who wants that perfect score for their dream college/university. However, if they study and put their best effort into the test, they will be successful, and get great advantages from having a good score.